1/17/2011

P2P vs. F2P

So I've been discussing this topic today with a bunch of my friends.  Why do P2P games think they can get away with charging people about $15 a month?  I know, a lot of people will say it's better because it keeps the large number of annoying people away, however, it also keeps a lot of willing people who just don't have the funds (ie.  University students).  I can't see how they would cost any more money than the current games that have free online capability (such as Call of Duty which has hundreds of thousands of people online at any given time).  Instead of paying a monthly fee, why not just charge for extra area's in the game and such?  I just find it very annoying...blah

6 comments:

  1. They do it because people actually buy the subscriptions, look at WoW lol. Millions of users.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, and it sickens me :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because servers costs a lot of money?
    http://thispostisirrelevant.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although they cost a lot of money, how do F2P games still run with server costs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. they make bank off people. plain and simple

    ReplyDelete